My favorite and most commonly used out of this list below is aloe vera, turmeric, and rose. I have a homemade rose water facial toner that I use daily. Aloe vera is quite helpful whenever my skin feels dry or I have sunburn.
Turmeric is well known for its multiple healing properties, but when mixed with water and then applied on the face as a mask, it brightens your skin, gets rid of acne and dark spots, and it leaves you with unbelievably smooth glowing skin!
5 Beneficial Herbs For Glowing Skin:
- ALOE VERA – Fresh juice or extract from this herb could prove to be a boon for your skin. It’s potent blood purification properties are beneficial in curing many skin ailments like acne, allergic rash, swelling and also blemishes. Recommended Dosage: 10 to 20 ml of freshly extracted juice. Local application of the pulp or juice is also recommended.
- NEEM – Neem or the Margosa tree is a natural cleanser that flushes out toxins from the body and thus helps clear the skin from maladies like pimples and skin eruptions. It is recommended both for internal as well as external use. The juice extracted from grinding fresh Neem leaves and the paste thus formed can be applied on the skin eruptions. Also the Neem leaves could be pounded and made into small balls, which when taken on an empty stomach proves a wonderful blood purifier.Recommended Dosage: 10 to 20 ml fresh juice extracted from the leaves. Also used for local application.
- TURMERIC – Turmeric is another herb that has for always been associated with beauty. It acts as a wonderful beauty therapy as well as efficient cosmetic use. Turmeric mixed with gram flour (besan) and sandalwood powder applied to the skin makes it soft and glowing and helps to remove blemishes. This can be supplemented with a little oil or butter. I would also recommend a pinch of turmeric in their daily intake of milk, as the antiseptic and anti allergic properties held by the herb is an effective cure in skin problems. Recommended Dosage: 1 to 3 grams of the powder. Local application as advised.
- ROSE – Rose is believed to be light, slimy and cold in action. It is also rich in vitamin C, naturally rejuvenating and virtuous for the skin. The Rose water can be applied externally to the skin for better results and to get a fairer complexion.
- SAFFRON – This is another herb that proves to be a boon to your skin. Since olden times, saffron has been regarded as highly beneficial for the skin. Not only does it promote glowing skin and cure blemishes; it also acts as a blood purifier. As an easy remedy, make a paste by mixing saffron in water and apply it to the blemishes. Recommended Dosage: Half to one gram. Local application as suggested.
Pick up a few of these great herbs and watch how easy it is to get healthy glowing skin without one ounce of chemicals. People are constantly complimenting me on my skin and asking what products I use. They are surprised when I tell them but usually quite eager to go home and try these for themselves.
Article Resource: Cure Joy
Image Credit: Divine Tokyoska via flickr