All Natural Flea Prevention Treats Recipe
Another plus to these All Natural Homemade Flea Prevention Treats is that they improve your dog’s digestion, make their coat shinier, and may prevent serious diseases. These treats are also good for overweight dogs because it may help to regulate their metabolism rate.
These treats are so easy to make and my dogs love them! I make a bunch all at once and keep a big jar of them in my fridge. I use Organic Raw & Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, this is the same oil I use myself for washing my face, ingesting for its health benefits and I also use it for oral hygiene when I do my morning oil-pulling.
Below you will find the recipe for making homemade flea prevention treats for your dogs.
- 1 & 1/8*cups organic coconut oil for pets melted
- 1/2 cup Brewer’s Yeast slightly rounded
- 2 small paw print silicone pans (any shape silicone pans will work)
- Combine melted coconut oil and brewer’s yeast together in your blender. Blend for roughly 10 seconds until smooth.
- Transfer blended mixture into a plastic condiment bottle (trim tip to 1/4 inch opening) and use to fill 2 – small paw print silicone pans.
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer until set & solid.
- Remove from the pan and store in refrigerator or freezer for up to 6 months.
Give up to 1 small paw print Flea Prevention Dog Treat per 10 pounds of body weight daily.
For dogs under 10 pounds, give 1 treat every other day.
I also give my cats some of this combination in a small bowl near their food and they lick it when they feel like it – I don’t give them a specific dose at all because, well…. cats are fickle creatures. It’s astonishing that our indoor/outdoor cats are also FLEA FREE without using any other flea preventions or treatments!
It is vitally important to also remember that topical chemical flea treatments can also be harmful to humans, when we pet our animals we get the toxic chemicals on our skin as well as inhaling the fumes they exude.
With so many excellent organic and all natural options available that work safely and effectively, I am not taking any chances with my pets who are members of our family that we love dearly and want them around as long as possible. The things we do for our pets!!
If your home is infested with fleas, see my page for All Natural Homemade Flea Prevention Powder!
Read Full Article: Natural Flea Prevention Dog Treats
My Thanks go to Hayley at Health Starts In The Kitchen for this wonderful flea prevention treat recipe and featured image.