These five tips for choosing the best vitamins are very easy to do and don’t take much time. It is definitely worth every minute you spend on it to ensure that you and your family are making healthy, wholesome choices for buying the best vitamins you can get.
You should also consult your doctor so you can talk about what vitamins you may need more of. This way, you can choose the best vitamin that will have everything you need in the doses you need it.
5 Tips For Choosing The Best Vitamins
1. Look for clinical studies on the ingredients and protocols. Real, scientific, third-party evidence. And better yet, look for companies that have studies on their specific product, not just one ingredient in it (IE: the entire pill, not just the added resveratrol).
2. Look for a company that focuses on safety and quality. Has a company ever had any recalls? Have their been studies or investigations that have uncovered what is in the product differs from what is on the label?
3. Look for products that do not follow marketing fads but incorporate scientific evidence of need and benefit. I know you’ve seen the same thing I have- a certain ‘superfood’ gains quick popularity and suddenly there are a boatload of supplements that add that ingredient and market the heck out of it. Be careful of making decisions for your health based solely off of buzzwords.
4. Look for an unconditional money back guarantee. A company should stand behind its products fully, right? I think so.
5. Look for natural ingredients. Avoid artificial sweeteners, colors and preservatives. It amazes me how many vitamins, especially kids and gummy varieties, contain ingredients that we work so hard to avoid in our diets, but sneak in there with vitamins.
Choosing the best vitamins doesn’t have to be hard, but it does take some research to make the best choices for you and your family. You may also want to check into what whole foods you can consume that have the recommended nutrients and vitamins your body needs which could eliminate the need for buying extra vitamins. Many times when we are deficient in vitamins and minerals, the first place we should look, is at our diet. 🙄
Article Resource: A Healthy Slice Of Life
Image Credit: Steven Depolo via flickr